Today was a nice and sunny day so after school while Mack was napping, Marie helped me clean the sweet potatoes we had dug yesterday. We took a pail of water and a brush outside on the lawn. She dropped the dirty ones in and I scrubbed them. When we were done we took them inside and I set them on the counter then got Mack out of bed. When we all went into the kitchen again Marie pointed to the potato and laughed, "Mama the sweet potato eyes, nose, mouth, belly button!". Indeed it does. And what a happy chum he appears to be.
Here is our favorite sweet potato fry recipe:
- cut sweet potatoes into small wedges
- boil in water for 10 minutes
- drain and place on oiled cookie sheet
- spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle on favorite herb/spice (we like basil, parsley or hot pepper)
- bake in oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes